Thursday, October 5, 2006

Skyline Drive

A friend of mine, Prakash K, helped me out while purchasing a new Goldwing. The seller was located in his neck of the woods and he offered to go by and look at the bike. Prakash confirmed the bike and the deal was legit. Not long after that I had a cashier's check and a plane ticket to Virginia.

The day I picked up the bike Prakash played hookie from work and took me on a little ride through the Virginny countryside, including a little part of Skyline Drive which runs from Front Royal to Waynesboro, VA. The total distance is only about 100 miles and is the precursor of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Skyline winds along the ridgeline overlooking the Shenandoah Valley and the Shenandoah river below.

I thought the fall colors would be more varied, but it was still a nice ride. The colors on the southern end seemed more brilliant than the northern section. Here's some of what I saw.

No comments: